This easy gluten free granola has been a game changer for my mornings! I recently changed my morning eating routine. I used to go straight for the coffee but now I have a 12-16 oz. glass of water and I am eating a small breakfast around 8 AM. I feel that breakfast can be so difficult. Lot’s of carb and sugary options. So lately I have been making a big batch of granola to add to yogurt and berries in the morning and have as a snack throughout the day!
Instead of going for those potato chips mid-afternoon this granola packed with healthy nuts and flax fills me up and with all the good stuff.
Prep time: 7 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Honey (try to use a raw local honey from your area)
- 1 tablespoon organic Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon organic Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. organic Nutmeg
- 1/c cup of Dried Cranberries or Raisins
- 1 cup of organic Coconut
- 2 cups of Gluten free Oats
- 3 cups of your favorite Organic Nuts – Slivered Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Sunflower, Pumpkin, Flax, Cashews
- 1 range free Egg White beaten
- Heat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Pour your oats and nuts into a bowl and mix.
- Spread your nut mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bring oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to a boil
- Pour liquid mixture over nuts and mix evenly and put into over for 20 minutes
- Half-way through add coconut and Raisins, poor egg white over mixture mix evenly and return to over for 20 minutes
TIPS: You can always do less oats, more nuts, or go Paleo and do all nuts. I love this recipe because you can tailor it to your diet and taste buds. I add a little more honey for Andrew since he likes his granola sweeter. Try your best to use organic anything and everything. This helps avoid all the pesticides and makes it easier on your body. We deal with so many toxins on a daily basis so the less your liver has to process the BETTER!
Just do you,