Do you spend your weekend glued to your phone? You’re not alone. We ALL do it sometimes, especially when work is involved. But being a slave to our phones, computers, and social media can be really unhealthy. We need time to RELAX and enjoy ourselves away from work.
5 Ways to Disconnect from Work
- Turn off Notifications – Emails and social media interrupt us dozens of times a day with notifications. It’s difficult not to look when your phone makes noise, so turn off notifications for the weekend. If you can’t do it for the entire weekend, do it for a few hours to give yourself a BREAK.
- Be Present with the People Around You – Spend time with friends and family. Make them a priority. Get social OFF of social media.
- Do Something Nice for Yourself – Whether that’s a bubble bath, a movie, or a glass of wine (or all three!), do something nice for yourself. You worked hard this week.
- Get Outside – Fresh air is important, especially if you’ve been in an office all week. Throw on your favorite sunnies and get outside!
- Make a Plan Friday – Spend a bit of time Friday creating a plan for the beginning of next week. If you know it’s already planned, you won’t spend the weekend worrying about where you’ll start Monday.
Work is a huge part of our lives, but life outside of work matters too. Take some time to disconnect from work and ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND.